Times:9:30 a.m. Sunday School10:45 a.m. Worship Service
Times: 9:30 a.m. Sunday School | 10:45 a.m. Worship Service
“Any person shall be eligible for membership who has given clear witness of his acceptance of the Lord Jesus Christ as his Savior and his desire to live a consistent Christian life; who has either received or is willing to receive the ordinances of water baptism and the Lord's Supper; who accepts First Evan’s Articles of Belief; and who pledges his willingness to abide by this Constitution, to submit to the governing authority of First Evan consistent with the Word of God, and to pursue peace within the First Evan body, unity in the faith, and the maturity and building up of First Evan and the body of Christ toward Christ-likeness in character and works of service (Eph. 4:3,12,13).
Eligible persons may be received into membership upon confession of faith, reaffirmation of faith, or a statement of faith, conditioned upon successful completion of such orientation as the Session may prescribe and an examination satisfactory to the Session."
1. Attend Discover First Evan — A class for anyone interested in learning more about First Evan or desiring membership. Attending the class does not obligate you to join, but it is the first step in membership. The next class will be held Sunday, January 27, 2019 (Part 1) and Sunday, February 3, 2019 (Part 2), 9:30–10:30 a.m., E236. You must attend both Part 1 and Part 2 of DFE as the first step of membership. If you have attended Part 1 or 2 in the past, you need only come to the one you have not attended. Please register by Wednesday, January 16. Questions can be directed to Jacki Stieferman.
2. Prayerfully consider it with enthusiasm and clear conscience you can embrace the Constitutional principles and requirements above.
3. If you determine it is God’s desire for you to join First Evangelical Church, schedule and complete an Elder interview.
1. Independent membership at First Evangelical Church is limited to those in the tenth (10th) grade and up.
• We feel that at this age students begin to “own” their roles within the church. They are more likely at this age to decide to join the church based on personal conviction rather than “everyone else is joining.”
• Students are non-voting members until age 18, according to the First Evangelical Church Constitution.
2. A special membership class will be offered annually for students in grades 10–12 by a First Evangelical Church Pastor.
3. Senior High (grades 10–12) students have the option of going through the regular Discover First Evan Class whenever it is offered.
4. Senior High students must be interviewed by an Elder and a Pastor together prior to membership.
5. Students younger than the 10th may join the church at any time by attending the regular Discover First Evan Class with a parent.
As part of our Church Management Software (CMS), you are able to have a First Evan account where you can do several things. We encourage you to stay connected with us! Click here for directions and details.
If you would like to subscribe to our church-wide mailing lists, click here.
You may read one of our monthly FOCUS newsletters below. You will need to have Adobe Reader on your computer in order to read the newsletters. Download a free version by clicking here.
©2019 First Evangelical Church. Memphis Web Design by Speak. View Sitemap.