Times:9:30 a.m. Sunday School10:45 a.m. Worship Service
Times: 9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Worship Services In-Person and Online
• Worship Services (9:30 or 11:00 a.m.): Masks are required for entering and exiting our facility, and walking through the halls to classrooms and bathrooms. Beginning October 4, you can remove your mask for the worship service if you choose, or keep it on if you choose. Social distancing will still be practiced in the Sanctuary and throughout the facility. The Chapel continues to be reserved for those in highest risk categories and is strictly mask only. Registration is no longer required for Sanctuary seating. It is first come-first served with overflow available in the Fellowship Hall. Livestreaming continues for those who cannot meet in person.
- Sanctuary: 275 max capacity/service
- Fellowship Hall: Overflow room (85 max/service)
- Chapel: Reserved for those in the highest risk categories (35 max/service)
Once the max capacity in the Sanctuary is met, we have overflow room for 85 in the Fellowship Hall. As always, if you or your children feel sick, have cold symptoms or fever, have traveled abroad in the last fourteen days, or have knowingly been exposed to coronavirus, please livestream the service from home.
• Adult Sunday School (9:30 a.m. or 11:00 a.m.): Classes may reconvene on campus or via Zoom. Each class’s leadership will be communicating with members about when, where, and how you’ll meet if your class is returning to campus. Guests who would like to attend a class will be ushered to the class of their choice.
• FEC Kids (11:00 a.m. only): We are excited to resume FEC Kids for infants through 5th grade. To ensure the smoothest possible re-entry, we will reopen in phases, pending volunteer support:
- October 4: Nursery (0–2 years old)
- October 18: Preschool (3–5 years old)
- November 1: Elementary (K–5th grade)
Registration is REQUIRED for FEC Kids and will open each Monday and close each Thursday at noon. Register your child each week on this page! Due to limited COVID-19 capacity regulations, social distancing measures, and volunteer support, spots are limited. Only children that are pre-registered may attend FEC Kids on Sunday mornings. Children of all ages are of course welcome in the Worship Service. If your family does not yet have a Busy Bag, please pick one up in the Lobby along with Sermon Notes for Kids. Please contact Cortney Cannon to volunteer with FEC Kids.
FEC KIDS COVID-19 Policies and Procedures FEC KIDS/REGATHEREd REGISTRATION (11:00 AM Nursery only)
• College (9:30 a.m. only): Students will resume meeting in the College Room (E134).
• Student Ministries (11:00 a.m. only): Common Ground (E202) and Impact (E226) will resume meeting with details to follow.
• Wednesday Nights: There are no plans to reconvene Wednesday night activities or dinners in the building at this time.
• Library (9:00–11:00 a.m.): The library will open October 4 (located beneath the Sanctuary). Masks and social distancing required.
• Special filters have been installed in the Sanctuary air conditioning system, filters that trap the particles the coronavirus travels on
• Sanctuary, common areas, and restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected by a certified, licensed provider prior to resuming services
• Restrooms, high touch surfaces, cleaned before, during and after each service
• Sanctuary pews, entryways, and foyers disinfected between services
• Greeters will be assigned to entrance and exit doors, holding them open so you won’t need to touch handles
• Entrance and exit doors held/propped open for hands-free operation
• Foot-pulls installed on restroom doors for hands-free operation
• All hymnals, Bibles, pens, and paper items have been removed from pews and foyers, and no paper bulletin will be handed out
• Every other pew closed off, open pews marked for social distancing
• Ushering into and out of the Sanctuary to maximize socially distanced seating and maintain social distancing
With Sanctuary capacity limited due to social distancing measures, two services helps us accommodate a higher percentage of our usual Sunday morning attendance while also spreading out. Each service will be an hour in length, allowing ample time for cleaning, disinfecting, and reordering the building between service times.
With social distancing measures, the Sanctuary can hold 275 people per service. The service will be simulcast to the Fellowship Hall, holding 85, and the Chapel, reserved for those in the highest risk categories, holding 35.
Masks (and/or face-shields), for adults and children age three and older, are required for entering and exiting our building, and walking through the halls to classrooms and bathrooms. As of October 4, 2020, masks can be removed during our worship services if one chooses to do so, or worn if one chooses. We don’t want this to be a point of division in fellowship. “Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification” (Romans 14:19). Our Chapel continues to be reserved for those in highest risk categories and is strictly mask only.
Pews will be occupied according to set numeric configurations in order for us to accommodate the maximum number of people in attendance and practice social distancing simultaneously. Your cooperation is appreciated as you might not be able to sit where you’re normally accustomed. Until a section is full, you’ll be able to choose the section of the sanctuary you’d like to sit in.
You will need to enter the Sanctuary through the door closest to the section of your choice. Enter through the doors under the eastside portico to sit in the front, organ side. Enter the westside front door to sit in the front, piano side. To sit in the rear sections or balcony, enter the front doors facing Ridge Lake Boulevard. Since we’re practicing social distancing, trained ushers will guide you to your seat, knowing how the pews (and chairs in the Fellowship Hall and Chapel) need to be filled to maximize occupancy. We ask you to try and arrive 30 minutes before service to accommodate seating guidance. The ushers will be masked for your protection.
To maintain social distancing and in order to disinfect the room after the service, we’ll ask you to exit by rows through the back of the sanctuary immediate after the service ends.
©2020 First Evangelical Church. Memphis Web Design by Speak. View Sitemap.