Times:9:30 a.m. Sunday School10:45 a.m. Worship Service
Times: 9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Worship Services In-Person and Online
We offer coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate, juice, pre-packaged honey buns and muffins.
***FROM THE SESSION: IMPORTANT COVID RESPONSE UPDATE (2/1/2021)***
Pastor Cole Huffman will continue the series One Lord, One Faith, One Body: The Gospel According to Ephesians with the sermon “In Common in Christ” from Ephesians 4:1–6. For communion this Sunday, the elements will be handed to you upon entry in a sealed package to take at the end of the sermon. If you or anyone in your family needs a gluten-free wafer, please bring one with you. We offer two in-person services this Sunday at 9:30–10:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. in the Sanctuary. Livestreaming continues for those who cannot meet in person. The Chapel continues to be reserved for those in highest risk categories and is strictly mask only. Registration is no longer required for Sanctuary seating. It is first come-first served with overflow available in the Fellowship Hall.
- Sanctuary: 275 max capacity/service
- Fellowship Hall: 9:30 and 11:00 a.m. (85 max/service)
- Chapel: 9:30 a.m. Reserved for those in the highest risk categories (mask only). 11:00 a.m. FEC Kids (35 max/service)
Once the max capacity in the Sanctuary is met, we have overflow room available in the Fellowship Hall. As always, if you or your children feel sick, have cold symptoms or fever, have traveled abroad in the last fourteen days, or have knowingly been exposed to coronavirus, please livestream the service from home.
Information on when and where your class meets is located here. For those classes meeting in-person, the socially-distanced capacity for each room is indicated next to the door and should be observed until COVID restrictions are lifted. We offer hybrid-technology in most classrooms so that class members and guests can participate from home. The class leaders can provide log-in information to you. Guests who would like to attend a class will be ushered to the class of their choice.
Sunday School offerings
FEC KIDS/REGATHERED REGISTRATION (11:00 AM ONLY) FEC KIDS COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
Registration is REQUIRED for FEC Kids and will open each Monday at noon and close each Thursday at noon. Register your child each week on this page! Due to limited COVID-19 capacity regulations, social distancing measures, and volunteer support, spots are limited. Only children that are pre-registered may attend FEC Kids on Sunday mornings. Children of all ages are of course welcome in the Worship Service. Feel free to reach out to our department if you have any questions or concerns about your child(ren) returning to our church campus.
• Nursery (birth–age 2): check in at Nursery desk
• PreK (ages 3–5): check in at FEC Kids' Lobby desk
• Elementary (K–3rd Grade): check in at Chapel Entry
• Elementary (4th–5th Grade): Self Check-In/Dismissal in Classrooms (Boys meet in D103/105 and Girls meet in D113/115) located in the basement below the Sanctuary
Please contact Cortney Cannon to volunteer with FEC Kids.
College students follow the same policies as Adult Sunday School classes. Room capacity is 20 people.
High School students, please come with a mask and be prepared to socially distance.
Common Ground COVID Policy
Middle School students, join us as we dive back into our Sunday morning meeting for games, worship, and a message in our current series "Letters of John."
Masks and social distancing required. Limit of 6 people.
• Special filters have been installed in the Sanctuary air conditioning system, filters that trap the particles the coronavirus travels on
• Sanctuary, common areas, and restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected by a certified, licensed provider prior to resuming services
• Restrooms, high touch surfaces, cleaned before, during and after each service
• Sanctuary pews, entryways, and foyers disinfected between services
• Greeters will be assigned to entrance and exit doors, holding them open so you won’t need to touch handles
• Entrance and exit doors held/propped open for hands-free operation
• Foot-pulls installed on restroom doors for hands-free operation
• All hymnals, Bibles, pens, and paper items have been removed from pews and foyers, and no paper bulletin will be handed out
• Every other pew closed off, open pews marked for social distancing
• Ushering into and out of the Sanctuary to maximize socially distanced seating and maintain social distancing
With Sanctuary capacity limited due to social distancing measures, two services helps us accommodate a higher percentage of our usual Sunday morning attendance while also spreading out. Each service will be an hour in length, allowing ample time for cleaning, disinfecting, and reordering the building between service times.
With social distancing measures, the Sanctuary can hold 275 people per service. The service will be simulcast to the Fellowship Hall, holding 85, and the Chapel, reserved for those in the highest risk categories, holding 35.
Masks (and/or face-shields), for adults and children age three and older, are required for entering and exiting our building, and walking through the halls to classrooms and bathrooms. As of February 1, 2021, masks can be removed during our worship services if one chooses to do so, or worn if one chooses. We don’t want this to be a point of division in fellowship. “Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification” (Romans 14:19). Our Chapel continues to be reserved for those in highest risk categories and is strictly mask only.
Pews will be occupied according to set numeric configurations in order for us to accommodate the maximum number of people in attendance and practice social distancing simultaneously. Your cooperation is appreciated as you might not be able to sit where you’re normally accustomed. Until a section is full, you’ll be able to choose the section of the sanctuary you’d like to sit in.
You will need to enter the Sanctuary through the door closest to the section of your choice. Enter through the doors under the eastside portico to sit in the front, organ side. Enter the westside front door to sit in the front, piano side. To sit in the rear sections or balcony, enter the front doors facing Ridge Lake Boulevard. Since we’re practicing social distancing, trained ushers will guide you to your seat, knowing how the pews (and chairs in the Fellowship Hall and Chapel) need to be filled to maximize occupancy. We ask you to try and arrive 30 minutes before service to accommodate seating guidance. The ushers will be masked for your protection.
To maintain social distancing and in order to disinfect the room after the service, we’ll ask you to exit by rows through the back of the sanctuary immediate after the service ends.
©2021 First Evangelical Church. Memphis Web Design by Speak. View Sitemap.